Medication Train the Trainer 3 day course
Our 3 day Medication Train the Trainer courses are suitable for both health and social care workers who are new and experienced trainers. Delegates must be experienced in the chosen subject and demonstrate knowledge.
On the course delegates, will develop skills and knowledge to be able to work towards facilitating in house training sessions.
Aims of the medication train the trainer course
The train the trainer course aims to develop skills and knowledge in training the chosen subject.
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Facilitate learning and development in groups
- Understanding assessment in education and training Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Identify roles and responsibilities, relevant to the area of work and safer handling of medication within health and social care
- Module 1 – Policies. Legislation. CQC
- Module 2 – Medication. Routes. Formulation. Types. Absorption.
- Module 3 – MDT. Roles and Responsibilities. Levels of support. Boundaries and agreed ways of working.
- Module 4 – Order. Receive. Store. Record. Transfer. Dispose.
- Module 5 – 9 R’s. Group Work. Sources of info. Practical session including MAR charts.
- Module 6 – Risk assessments. Person Centred Care. Review. Covert. Consent. Refuse.
- Module 7 – Errors and action.
- Module 8 – Infection Control and Technique.
Medication Train the Trainer Assessment
Pre-course material will be sent out 1 month before course date (unless it’s a late booking and will be sent out ASAP).
Within this material delegates will be expected to of completed necessary sections to participate within the course. The portfolio of evidence will be built up before, during and after the course. A micro teach will be filmed on the last day. Peer and self-assessments will be part of the assessment process. Reflective diary and action plan. The portfolio of evidence can be handed in up to 6 months after the final day of the course.
The portfolio will be both subject and training evidence.
A certificate will be issued once completed portfolio of evidence has been received and assessed. The certificate will be enclosed with the portfolio and will be valid for 3 years.
- Pre-course material
- Portfolio/ Trainer Pack
- Pen and notepad
- Discount voucher