PEG Train the Trainer Suitable for
Our 3 day PEG Train the Trainer courses are suitable for both health and social care workers who are new and experienced trainers. Delegates must be experienced in the chosen subject and demonstrate knowledge.
On the course delegates, will develop skills and knowledge to be able to work towards facilitating in house training sessions.
PEG Train the Trainer Aims
The train the trainer course aims to develop skills and knowledge in training the chosen subject.
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Facilitate learning and development in groups
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Identify roles and responsibilities, relevant to the area of work and PEG care
- Discuss accountability and consent
- Indications and contra indications of PEG
- The procedures for feeding and administering medications via PEG
- Recognising, dealing with and reporting complications
- The care and maintenance of enteral feeding tubes
- Practical session
PEG Train the Trainer Assessment
Pre-course material will be sent out 1 month before course date (unless it’s a late booking and will be sent out ASAP).
Within this material delegates will be expected to of completed necessary sections to participate within the course. The portfolio of evidence will be built up before, during and after the course. A micro teach will be filmed on the last day. Peer and self-assessments will be part of the assessment process. Reflective diary and action plan. The portfolio of evidence can be handed in up to 6 months after the final day of the course.
The portfolio will be both subject and training evidence.
A certificate will be issued once completed portfolio of evidence has been received and assessed. The certificate will be enclosed with the portfolio and will be valid for 3 years.
- Pre course materials
- Portfolio/Trainer Pack
- Pen and notepad
- Discount voucher
Distance Learning Option for PEG Train the Trainer
You can purchase our distance learning pack which you can complete in your own time and convenience. We will be scheduling in days throughout the year for an assessment day where you will be required do do a micro-teach.
This can save costs on hotel, travel and may be easier to fit in around work.
- Micro teach
- Subject assignment
- Teaching Assignment
- Equipment set up in classroom
- Completed lesson plan
- Reflective diary
You can purchase the distance pack at any time during the year and then when ready book a date for your assessment.